Our Event Services Team is looking forward to being your ‘one-stop-shop’ in guiding you through the permitting process and will identify all requirements and provide expertise to safely and successfully host your event.
An Outdoor Event Permit is required for all events taking place on City Property AND for events of over 1000 people on private property. Examples of outdoor events include: parades, concerts, triathlons, community events, etc. Events must be available to the general public as private bookings cannot book park space.
Before beginning the permit application process, please ensure you are wanting to host an outdoor event. If your event is better defined below, a different permit is likely required. Please click on the links to learn more.
Before submitting an application, please read the Online Application Summary for a general overview of the online process and also check out our Event Planning Guidelines for important information on permit requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact the Event Services Team at (250) 469-8423 or email@example.com.
- New Events: Applications will be accepted and evaluated on an ongoing basis for the current year and must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of event start date. Any requests made within the 60 day limit may be declined if there is not adequate time to process application. Those wishing to apply for the following year will be evaluated after December 1st of the current year
- Returning Events: If you wish to hold your event again the following year, applications must be submitted by November 1st. You can roll over your application at any time once your current event has been completed. Any changes to dates or locations will be considered once all returning events are confirmed.
- The returning event calendar for the upcoming year is finalized from November 1-31 of the current year
Information Submission Deadlines
- Non-refundable Application Fee (due to confirm booking)
- Site Map / Route Map / Traffic Management Plan (60 days)
- Production Schedule (large events) & Food Vendor Information (60 days)
- Supporting Permits (21 days)
- Final Payment / Signed Agreement (7 days)
- Fees: All events will be subject to applicable fees & charges such as: non-refundable application fee, rental fees, potential additional city services, damage deposit, etc. Please refer to the Fees & Charges section for complete details.
- Insurance and Indemnification: All events require general liability insurance and the organizer must indemnify the City of Kelowna from any liability, which may arise as a result of the outdoor event.
Please note all municipal, provincial, and federal policies, laws and regulations must be adhered to. The City of Kelowna reserves the right to deny events that are deemed to be unsafe or unsuitable.
To apply for an Outdoor Event Permit, you will need to have an account with us. If you don’t have an account, please create an account here.